Monday, November 14, 2011

Virginia is for Wine Lovers...

It's no big secret I love wine, and truth be told I love beer too almost just as much, depending on my mood. But wine I love wine, I could drink it everyday and I think maybe I should start. For anyone who hasn't tasted Virginia wine I have to tell you that you are missing out. BIG TIME. I have a few favorites and made my way to the Smith Mountain Lake Wine Festival at the end of September and loved having to the chance to taste wines from wineries in Central and South Western VA. Most of the festivals here focus on Northern VA wineries and while I do love them it was a nice and appreciated change.

We went to one of my favorite wineries this past Saturday Unicorn Winery (about an hour west of where we live) with K and her boyfriend C. We had a blast and could not have asked for a more perfect fall day to enjoy a tasting and then a glass (or 4 or 5) by the lake there. I had never been but have gone by their booth at various wine festivals and I do buy their wine from a local place (Old Dominion Wine Shop in Occoquan) where they sell Virginia wines. My favorite is the Traminette and Slightly Embarassed. We spent the day relaxing eating and drinking, I mean what else do you need for a perfect day!

Check out Unicorn Winery's website http://www.unicornwinery.com/ and definitely do the text so you can save 25% off your next purchase and then bring me a bottle (that's my finders fee but I promise to share).

So if you're ever in the area or need a cool place for a day trip check out a Virginia winery and I promise you won't be disappointed! I have lots of suggestions so feel free to ask anytime and of course I am always happy to tag along! Cheers! J

No comments:

Post a Comment