Sunday, November 13, 2011

Time Flies....

On November 10th O and I were married for 2 months and I don't know where the time went, it still feels like we just got married yesterday. We celebrated with a quiet night at home just being together (and lucky for us Friday was a holiday so neither of us had work the next day! Double Thank You Veterans!) I surprised O and made him one of his favorites carrot cake! I use one box of moist cake mix and a cup of applesauce and a cup of water and bake at 350 for the specified amount of time on the box....and voila moist and delicious and a little bit better for you cake (note:  I don't like icing so I usually do not out it on my cakes and cupcakes)! I got the recipe from Hungry Girl and if you have never tried any of her recipes -- you are missing out here is the link for some of her cake recipes http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1543 I have used pumpkin before and it is awesome too especially with spice cake and to make chocolate brownies. Of course O had to get his fantasy football set up before the game too and Ninja decided to help!
Friday which felt more like Saturday I went to get pampered with a mani pedi which gave O time to play Call Of Duty uninterrupted. We decided to go shopping and grab lunch when I got back, while O was getting his shoes on I noticed the cake (of which we each had a piece of the night before) and it looked like this:


Hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend too! I can't believe two months has already flown by so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment