Friday, December 2, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Just like that it's December! Cant you believe it?! At the McNeil's we love Christmas, and I love the giving the loving the memories to be made and traditions that are carried on every year since I can remember.

This year O and I were the lucky winners of two tickets to the National Christmas Tree Lighting. They have a lottery and I entered just for fun and I actually won! It was a wonderful and cold evening but still lots of fun. We had pretty good seats and were sitting about 30 rows back from President Obama and the First Family. I was so excited to actually be that close to the President and actually see him ((yep I am a nerd but oh well)).

Carson Daly was the host and he must be friends with Dick Clark's Doctors because he looks EXACTLY the same as I remember him when I was in high school watching Total Request Live. As one guy pointed out all the 30 year old woman are like YAY Carson Daly and the high schoolers and like Carson who?? I was super excited to hear Ellie Goulding perform and she did not disappoint and of course Kermit, and how could you not love Kermit! Kermit and Mrs. Obama read the Night Before Christmas together and then Santa appeared and did a skit with Kermit that was pretty funny and geared towards all the adults there.The other performs were great too and we were not disappointed: Rodney Atkins sang, One Republic did a great job and I was totally impressed with their live performance. The last performer Marsha Ambrosius was simply amazing! I had never heard of the group Big Time Rush who evidently have a show on Nickelodeon but I can see how they appeal to the kids, I could have done without them but at least it wasn't Justin Bieber! The US Airforce Jazz Ensemble Airmen of Note carried us through the evening providing the music for all the singers and they were fabulous as well.

We will definitely enter the lottery again next year, although I must admit I would not go if I had to stand. I just don't think it would be worth it since you are so far back, not to mention standing for 4 hours in the cold to watch a jumbo-tron is not fun to me.

Definitely feeling lucky that we got to be part of such a fun night and great experience! What a great way to kick off the Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment